What song has lyrics about wives beating their husbands?

  • Thread starter Thread starter rocketboy
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
15 replies · 3K views
rocketboy
Messages
243
Reaction score
1
Ok, so much like the "who am i" thread this one is for songs. Whoever guesses the song and artist correctly gets to post the next quote. Make the quotes long enough that they can be correctly identified but short enough that they aren't too easy... and let's keep the song's mainstream and in english. I'll start off:

"when they got home at night their fat and psychopathic wives would thrash them within inches of their lives"
 
Physics news on Phys.org
rocketboy said:
Ok, so much like the "who am i" thread this one is for songs. Whoever guesses the song and artist correctly gets to post the next quote. Make the quotes long enough that they can be correctly identified but short enough that they aren't too easy... and let's keep the song's mainstream and in english. I'll start off:

"when they got home at night their fat and psychopathic wives would thrash them within inches of their lives"
"Run Like Hell", Pink Floyd, The Wall
Edit.
No, that's "Brick" part 1, isn't it? It's been a long long time.
 
Last edited:
Chi Meson said:
"Run Like Hell", Pink Floyd, The Wall
Edit.
No, that's "Brick" part 1, isn't it? It's been a long long time.

Getting closer...it's the song before Brick pt 1 :smile:
 
Happiest days! It's between the "bricks."

OK, I know I'm right, I checked. "Happiest days of our lives" to be precise.

Here's mine:"There is water
at the bottom of the ocean."
 
Last edited:
Once in a Lifetime? Talking Heads, love that song!
 
fi said:
Once in a Lifetime? Talking Heads, love that song!
Right. The followng line that is obfuscated by reverb is "remove the water from the bottom of the ocean."
 
...same as it ever was...
Good choice!
I'm a bit stuck thinking of something, maybe:
'space travels in my blood'
 
fi said:
'space travels in my blood'
Theme song from 'Inner Space'? (Love that movie!) :-p
 
Danger said:
Theme song from 'Inner Space'? (Love that movie!) :-p
umm...I'm not sure if its in the movie or not,:blushing:
With a couple more lines it goes
'Space travels in my blood
there ain't nothing I can do about it.
Long journeys wear me out...'
 
fi said:
umm...I'm not sure if its in the movie or not,:blushing:
I was totally kidding... just playing with the words. :redface:
 
daveb said:
Blink 182's Another Girl Another Planet
correct, I think The Only Ones originally sung it, and Babyshambles have covered it too.
 
daveb said:
Blink 182's Another Girl Another Planet

Blink 182 did that, I had no idea they could produce good music:wink:

Put up a song my good man, I'm enjoying this:smile:
 
Yeah, we got dogs and Valvoline
It's a pretty damn good time
 
daveb said:
Yeah, we got dogs and Valvoline
It's a pretty damn good time

beats me...
 
daveb said:
Yeah, we got dogs and Valvoline
It's a pretty damn good time
I googled that one...

never heard of him, or them, or it. I'll stay quiet coz I cheated.