What were the most challenging topics in college physics 1 (mechanics)?

• Thread starter FMPTheStrategist
  • Start date
In summary, the most challenging topics in college physics 1 (mechanics) include vector and projectile motion, Newton's laws of motion, and conservation of energy and momentum. These topics require a strong understanding of mathematical concepts and their application in real-life situations. Additionally, students may struggle with grasping the fundamentals of forces, work, and energy, as well as the complexities of rotational motion. Mastering these topics can be challenging, but with practice and a solid understanding of the underlying principles, students can succeed in college physics 1.
FMPTheStrategist
Hi everyone, i am taking my first physics class this semester and it will be calculus based. I am in college and even though I am new to physics, I love science, specially biology and astronomy. I decided to create an account here just to talk to people who like science and maybe ask for opinions on certain topics. if I like mechanics I might minor in physics( I am still not sure what to minor in) I've heard that physics is hard specially because of the math and although I am not the best at math I already took calculus and passed the class.
Also I have a question for you all!
For those who have taken physics 1(mechanics) at college, what where the most difficult topics for you?

Likes MarkFL
Physics news on Phys.org
FMPTheStrategist said:
Hi everyone, i am taking my first physics class this semester and it will be calculus based. I am in college and even though I am new to physics, I love science, specially biology and astronomy. I decided to create an account here just to talk to people who like science and maybe ask for opinions on certain topics. if I like mechanics I might minor in physics( I am still not sure what to minor in) I've heard that physics is hard specially because of the math and although I am not the best at math I already took calculus and passed the class.
Also I have a question for you all!
For those who have taken physics 1(mechanics) at college, what where the most difficult topics for you?
Welcome to the forum. This section is for into ONLY. I'd suggest putting that question in the academic guidance forum.

Likes MarkFL
Hello and welcome to PF! I just joined today as well. :woot:

I think you did well to complete your calculus course(s) first, because when I took Physics With Calculus in college, many of my classmates were taking Calc I concurrently, and they were struggling with the math. I had taken through DiffEq before taking Physics, and so I definitely had an advantage. :biggrin:

hey glad to know youre a new member as well, i hope you like the forums! and well I barely passed but I passed haha :/ so I might struggle a bit.

Likes MarkFL