Visual effects of traveling near light speed at 1g acceleration

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter zeroxg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Accelerating
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
zeroxg
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi does anyone know where I can find a video that shows what one would see if one went on a relativistic journey from Earth, accelerating at 1g to a distant star?

I have some idea for example length contraction when looking perpendicular from the direction of travel, and things in front would become blue and things behind red; and the shapes would be distorted.

I have read that objects the ship has recently passed would still be visible from the front for some time, why does this happen?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

If you use Google you should be able to find a number of videos on the net showing relativistic effects, for instance [1].

[1]
 
Last edited by a moderator: