What's the First Lesson in Physics?

• Thread starter unit0000000000
  • Start date
In summary, the first lesson in physics is the understanding of basic concepts such as force, motion, and energy. It is also important to learn about the scientific method and how to conduct experiments to test hypotheses. The lesson also emphasizes the importance of observation and measurement in understanding the physical world. Additionally, students are introduced to mathematical equations and models that can be used to describe and predict the behavior of objects and systems. Overall, the first lesson in physics lays the foundation for further exploration and understanding of the laws and principles that govern the universe.
unit0000000000
Hello,

I'm the 6,997,324,561 human born on this planet (not counting our deceased counterparts), I learned to let go of the self and master this 'world' we live in.

I speak 5 languages, and love every science on this planet. Even the ones that involve 'magic'.

I'm eager to take a step towards physics. I've been a Biochemist, but now I want to become a physicist. What's the first lesson or concept I should learn, and why? I will return the favor upon sub-mastery. Thank you kindly for your time, let's get rolling fellow humans!

Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

I hope you also will have some fun on PF. Stay curious!

unit0000000000 said:
What's the first lesson or concept I should learn, and why?
You should ask this in our Academic Guidance forum. Just a hint: it depends on what you already know.

Likes unit0000000000
Welcome to the PF. :smile:
unit0000000000 said:
What's the first lesson or concept I should learn, and why?
To embrace learning mainstream physics (as opposed to pseudoscience woo). Because you will learn about reality, and understand how things work. Enjoy the PF!

Likes unit0000000000
berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

To embrace learning mainstream physics (as opposed to pseudoscience woo). Because you will learn about reality, and understand how things work. Enjoy the PF!

A start somewhere I better than settling nowhere! Amen! :) What are some subforums you'd suggest?

fresh_42 said:
:welcome:

I hope you also will have some fun on PF. Stay curious!You should ask this in our Academic Guidance forum. Just a hint: it depends on what you already know.
Thank you fresh_42!

Ill make sure to post on there and apply my knowledge to whatever I can on this forum! Thank you for the warm welcome 😊