Where Can Retired Engineers Find a Brain-Stimulating Community?

• Thread starter BillD
  • Start date
In summary, retired engineers looking for a brain-stimulating community can find various options such as joining professional organizations, attending seminars and conferences, volunteering, and participating in online communities. These activities can provide retired engineers with opportunities to stay updated with industry developments, share their expertise and knowledge, and engage in stimulating discussions and projects. Additionally, joining community colleges or adult education programs can also offer retired engineers the chance to learn new skills and pursue their interests. Overall, retired engineers have many options to stay engaged and stimulated in a community of like-minded individuals.
BillD
How did you find PF?
I must have found PF during my search for tutorials of many physics terminology, such as Maxwell's demon, entropy, etc..
PF is a fun place, where I can read discussions about physics and math. I need to keep stimulating my brain since I'm not working as an engineer. My high school could only hire one part-time teacher for a few months. Our class spent the whole year self-learning physics by reading textbooks or any references that we could got our hands on. I feel so lucky to be still alive in this modern days of technology with Youtube full of all kinds of classes of elementary and advanced physics taught by excellent teachers and professors. Currently, I'm trying to follow classes on Quantum Mechanics, and Statistical Mechanics while reviewing my electromagnetics books and my daughter's university physics textbooks. I cannot find many elderly friends who are interested in the same topics. So PF is now an online playground where I can find people with the same interests as mine. I'd like to thank people who organize and manage these forums.

Likes phinds, Twigg and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF from a fellow EE. It's good to have you here. :smile:

We do tolerate EE's here. 🌫😏🙂
As I stare down my 70th annual celebration (?) I wish to validate PF value as a tonic. My brain is not a day over 69.
Welcome and I hope you enjoy

Likes berkeman
Welcome from another retired EE.

Likes hutchphd