Where could i go after bachelor's degree

In summary: I'm not sure if you are aware that Ireland is part of the European Union. If you want to pursue a PhD in a European country, studying in Ireland may be a good option.
hellbike
After obtaining bachelor's degree, i would like to continue my studies abroad (and I'm from Poland). I'm really interested in math/physics and highly motivated to get PhD in future - this is my aim.

I'm looking for as prestige (and by prestige i mean best conditions for studying and stuff like that) as possible, in english-speaking country from EU.

I can't afford to fund study by myself, with is very important (Cambridge may be awesome, but that doesn't matter if i won't be able to pay for my expenses). My only asset(trump?) is high motivation and passion :>

And what I'm interested in is being Theoretician Physicst.

I'm looking for anything, that could be helppful in my situation.

resuming: I'm poor and motivated. Studing in poland atm, but want to leave country after bachelor's degree. My aim is getting PhD(abroad). And waiting for your advices.

Physics news on Phys.org
From what I've heard from friends in the UK and Europe, it's easier to get funding to studying for your PhD in the US than in Europe. And we have a lot more institutions with lower standards if your motivation doesn't include fantastic grades or publications (although you'll still need good grades).

I still need to get Master. or go to studies that cover master's degree and lead you straight to PhD. Anyway, I am not planning to make PhD AFTER bachelor's, I'm going to need atleast 2 more years of education.

From our point of view cost of living and education in UK/US is insane so I wouldn't go there now. As far as I know there are at least 2 interesting MSc programs (not in english-speaking countries but taught in english). First is in Utrecht (physics and research oriented) and 2nd is in LMU (math oriented):

http://www.uu.nl/EN/informationfor/internationalstudents/theoreticalphysics/Pages/study.aspx"

http://www.theorie.physik.uni-muenchen.de/TMP/index.html"

However I would still ask for an advice someone who is knowledgeable in this matter - living in western europe is still expensive (about 800 - 1000 € per month) and maybe doing MSc abroad won't increase your chance for getting accepted into high-ranked PhD program. If you have any questions pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dublin has a few good universities. Theres plenty of Polish people here too.

1. What are my options after completing a bachelor's degree?

After obtaining a bachelor's degree, you have several options to consider. You can continue your education by pursuing a master's degree or a PhD. You can also enter the workforce and start your career, or take a gap year to gain experience or travel.

2. Is graduate school necessary after completing a bachelor's degree?

No, graduate school is not necessary for every career path. However, if you are interested in pursuing a career in academia or a specialized field, a graduate degree may be required or beneficial.

3. Can I switch fields after completing a bachelor's degree?

Yes, you can switch fields after completing a bachelor's degree. Many graduate programs accept students from diverse undergraduate backgrounds. You may also consider gaining experience or taking relevant courses before pursuing a different field.

4. How do I decide which graduate program to pursue after my bachelor's degree?

When considering a graduate program, it is important to research and consider your career goals, interests, and strengths. You should also research the programs and their requirements, faculty, and resources to determine which program aligns best with your goals.

5. Can I go back to school for a different degree after completing a bachelor's degree?

Yes, you can pursue a different degree after completing a bachelor's degree. Many universities offer post-baccalaureate programs for students who want to pursue a new field of study. However, admission requirements may vary, so it is important to research and plan accordingly.