Which are the best car brands considered value for money?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Grands
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Car Money Value
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
16 replies · 3K views
Grands
Messages
235
Reaction score
48
In your opinion which company makes the best quality car considering the value for money?
Which company uses the best products inside the cars?

In my opinion good cars are Audi and Mercedes-Benz.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Kia has made the biggest improvement over the years, but that is only because they were so bad in the 90s.

Here is a nice ranking
https://www.kia.com/us/k3/content/media/downloads/consumer-reports/consumer-reports-brand.pdf
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: russ_watters and Grands
Greg Bernhardt said:
Kia has made the biggest improvement over the years, but that is only because they were so bad in the 90s.

Here is a nice ranking
https://www.kia.com/us/k3/content/media/downloads/consumer-reports/consumer-reports-brand.pdf
This consumer report is made asking only US consumers ?
 
Grands said:
Do I have to subscribe ?
My apologies, I didn't realize that Consumer Reports wants you to subscribe in order to read their reviews. I've deprecated my post above.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Grands
Grands said:
In your opinion which company makes the best quality car considering the value for money?
Which company uses the best products inside the cars?

In my opinion good cars are Audi and Mercedes-Benz.
Why? How do you justify or support your opinion? Do you consider maintenance costs and reliability?
 
Grands said:
This consumer report is made asking only US consumers ?
Greg Bernhardt said:
I don't think it's based on consumer reviews but some other data.
Consumer Reports performs its own testing.
 
Grands said:
In your opinion which company makes the best quality car considering the value for money?
Which company uses the best products inside the cars?

In my opinion good cars are Audi and Mercedes-Benz.
This is purely anecdotal, but I have always had good luck with mazda.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: russ_watters
Dacia! The perfect combination of French engineering and communist craftsmanship!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Asymptotic and Grands
Vanadium 50 said:
Dacia! The perfect combination of French engineering and communist craftsmanship!
Why communist ?
 
symbolipoint said:
Consumer Reports performs its own testing.
Yes, Consumer Reports has its own test facility and performs its own testing. Reliability scores, however, are based on surveys sent to readers. The magazine rates car models sold in the US. Personally, I prefer Subarus. But the car I would love to have if I were ever to win the lottery is a late 60's Triumph TR-4A.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Grands
The more expensive the sales, the more manufacturers value brands