Which Photo Best Captures the Essence of the Beach?

  • Thread starter Thread starter matthyaouw
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Contest Photo

Vote (multi-choice)

  • Hypatia

    Votes: 10 38.5%
  • JasonRox

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Mororvia

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Integral

    Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Binzing

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Marzena

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • GeorginaS

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • ZapperZ

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Andre

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Brewnog

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Borek

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Sharmana

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • S Happens

    Votes: 4 15.4%

  • Total voters
    26
  • Poll closed .
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 2K views
matthyaouw
Gold Member
Messages
1,125
Reaction score
5
1.Hypatia
100_0271.jpg


2.JasonRox
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1456/img0460.jpg

3.Mororvia
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2161/res01644.jpg

4.Integral
DSC_0175a.jpg


5.Binzing
P7273057.jpg


6.Marzena
marzena_beach.jpg


7.GeorginaS
palappas.jpg


8.ZapperZ
img1343.jpg


9.Andre
30s9c2f.jpg


10.Brewnog
DSC00133.jpg


11.Borek
marcin_beach.jpg


12.Shramana
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2444/abudhabi063.jpg

13.S Happens
http://72.167.14.32/~Tom/beach.JPG

Contest Thread
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey Borek, could I get a higher-res version of your photo? I'd like to use it as my desktop wallpaper.
 
Hypatia's photo got my vote. Its simple but its really...nice. Its very soft, I almost feel like I'm there.

Also Brewnog and Borek's.
 
maze said:
Hey Borek, could I get a higher-res version of your photo? I'd like to use it as my desktop wallpaper.

I have 1024*768 version that was used for eons as a wallpaper, if that suits you, you are welcome,. Higher resolutions unavilable at the moment, all I have is a lousy 4"x6" print and I don't have scanner now. You know, this is a predigital picture.

This picture (in 16"x12" prints) hangs on several walls in Warsaw :smile:
 
My votes go to:
Hypatia- Great sense of peace and tranquility. I like how the path leads your eye in.
Integral- Stunning view. I like those two people wandering in the distance. They help give an idea of how vast that space is.
Borek- Love that crystal clear water and those deep blues.

Damn I want to go to the beach now...
 
Love that beach Integral ! I'm with you with that thought matthyaouw, I want to go to the beach now too.
 
Glad you like that shot. Believe it or not that was taken from the ground floor of a hotel. The beach literally comes up to the window. Oregon has miles of beaches like that, each bracketed by headlands similar to this pic. If the water temp ever got above 60F I am sure these beaches would be crowded.
 
Integral said:
If the water temp ever got above 60F I am sure these beaches would be crowded.

But alas the OC is really really cold. Still fun to go swimming, once you become numb.
 
Here's one of the residents of Longbeach on Vancouver Island.
I've got shots of us skimboarding and surfing in the big waves and stuff, but everyone else did that so here's old starfish with his stomach protruding onto some unsuspecting barnacles for lunch. This is a nude beach for sea stars only... you can see that "lumpy" here has no suit on.
 
Attachments
  • longbeach.jpg
    longbeach.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 488