Which Universities Offer the Best Undergrad Research in Astrophysics?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Snako73
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Astrophysics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 4K views
Snako73
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I was wondering what the best colleges for astronomy/astrophysics are? I'm specifically interested in universities with opportunities for a lot of undergrad research. I've heard good things about University of Colorado Boulder and Michigan State, what's your take and them and what other ones would you recommend?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Undergraduate education should first provide you with a broadening experience. If you have interest in doing serious work in astronomy, most of your undergraduate energy needs to be devoted to physics, mathematics, chemistry, and appropriate technologies. The specialization to astronomy or space science or astronautical engineering or whatever will then be availible as a next step.
Your undergraduate choice should be made with with the ideal of a broad education at a cost you can afford, a melieu that suits you, and amid exellence of faculty and fellow students. How these are defined for you depends upon your individual circumstance, which I cannot presume to know.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron, symbolipoint and russ_watters