Who Else Is Hooked on Stranger Things for the Sci-Fi and Stellar Acting?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
18 replies · 4K views
Messages
20,002
Reaction score
11,119
An 80s styled sci fi mystery original to Netflix. I just finished the second episode, but I'm already hooked and impressed!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
An 80s styled sci fi mystery original to Netflix. I just finished the second episode, but I'm already hooked and impressed!
Season (next) started yet?
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
An 80s styled sci fi mystery original to Netflix. I just finished the second episode, but I'm already hooked and impressed!
I have been told I should and I'm looking for something to watch while exercising, so...
 
russ_watters said:
I have been told I should and I'm looking for something to watch while exercising, so...
It's worth a watch, for the Gremlin alone. :wink:
 
I liked it. A lot of 80s nostalgia... I personally got some E.T. vibes from it... :smile:
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
An 80s styled sci fi mystery original to Netflix. I just finished the second episode, but I'm already hooked and impressed!

Well, thanks a lot boss! I just dropped my NF acct., because I found PF! :oldmad::oldsurprised::oldsmile:
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
An 80s styled sci fi mystery original to Netflix. I just finished the second episode, but I'm already hooked and impressed!
We watched the whole season. My only knock was that everyone yelled all the time. Standing a few feet from each other, people yelled. Otherwise, loved it. And loved seeing Wynona Ryder at work.
 
I just stopped having nightmares about it, so I guess I am ready for season 2.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: russ_watters and Yemmy
Yemmy said:
We watched the whole season. My only knock was that everyone yelled all the time. Standing a few feet from each other, people yelled. Otherwise, loved it. And loved seeing Wynona Ryder at work.

Ryder has not been recognized so much for this work. The children have taken all the credit. They did quite well, but I bet if Ryder had not participated, maybe the whole serie would not be much appreciated. So I'll say, Winona Ryder was impressive.
 
Last edited:
Wastrophysicist said:
Ryder has not been recognized so much for this work. The children have taken all the credit. They did quite well, but I bet if Ryder had not participated, maybe the whole serie would not be much appreciated. So I'll say, Wydona Ryder was impressive.
At least she learned something from that Saturday detention.
 
8 eps into season 2 and I'm not disappointed. Still a great show. A little more forced drama and relationships and the eleven story line was weak (so far), but still great entertainment!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: russ_watters
It's fantastic! Sadly I was so eager to watch series 2 that I watched all the episodes over a couple of days so now I have nothing for the next year!

I particularly enjoyed the juxtaposition whereby the children were maturely cooperating and figuring out solutions and learning things whilst the adults were squabbling, petty and generally failing miserably to achieve anything.

_

There do appear to be some very slight (and hardly plot-affecting) details that I think are oversights but with a show that pays so much attention to some small details, it's hard to be sure if other small elements are actually intended or 'goofs'.

Doesn't detract from my entertainment in any way, though!
There's a lot of really "bad (at least, not to my interest/taste) content on Netflix, so it's truly refreshing to see something that has been made with such an artistic devotion.

--

Wynona Rider has the perfect face and expressions for her character I truly worry about her sanity!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt
Just finished S2 yesterday.

Waiting for 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, etc. to show up in S3.
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
An 80s styled sci fi mystery original to Netflix. I just finished the second episode, but I'm already hooked and impressed!
Hmm, so... ok,... Season 1 (Collector's Edition) just got released here on bluray, so... (on your recommendation) I'm off to buy it. :oldbiggrin:

Edit: and... b#gger! It's not available here yet. That was the US target website. :headbang:

Oh well, at least GoT S7 bluray will be here in 4 weeks time. :woot:
 
Last edited:
Binge watched season 2 the night of release. Not a groupy, just decided it was time for a binge.
Really good show though.
 
I heard of the series and watched the two seasons in a couple of days. Now I regret that choice.
 
<Big Grin> I came for the Sci Fi and stayed for the Babes... I mean the quality of acting ;P Oh wait. That was Under the Dome... nah both had ummmm good acting...OK and babes.