Who is the mysterious singer in the viral video taking over the internet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter undrcvrbro
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
20 replies · 15K views
Physics news on Phys.org
I've Rick Roll'd so many people. I am going to rick roll one of my lecture halls in a few days. I am excited.
 
Damn, this is better than I THOUGHT it would be.
 
I don't get the deal with this thing! Didn't you uncultured thugs ever get exposed to the artistic stylings of Rick Astley during music appreciation class in grammar school?
 
Yes I've seen it, I don't get it though?

I think what they did to the prarie dog/Brittney fan etc on you tube thing after the last episode of South Park, they took all the highest hitting Youtube message threads and spammed them incessantly with I'm not your buddy, guy, I'm not your guy friend, I'm not your friend, buddy for about a week non stop afterwards, I LMAO. :biggrin: Now that's an internet sensation.
 
Last edited:
What's the joke?

Never mind. If I can't spare the time to watch a two minute video, I guess I don't care enough.
 
:smile: So this is a pop up! Thats ten times more AWESOME!

BTW, this song is catchy. How did that 13 year old looking guy have such a deep voice?
 
I was afraid to actually rick roll PF. I'm still a mere newcomer to this site and I thought it may be wise to not to p*ss off the whole forum. Thank you BobG!
 
Rickrolls have been around for awhile now - a millenium in internet time. I do wonder if Mr. Astley has seen sales on iTunes because of this whole business.

Also, Bob is right. You have to obscure the url and somehow make the rickroll unexpected.
 
undrcvrbro said:
I was afraid to actually rick roll PF. I'm still a mere newcomer to this site and I thought it may be wise to not to p*ss off the whole forum. Thank you BobG!

Getting RICKROLL'D by a Rick Astley video isn't the worst thing that could happen to a person. I thought it was kind of cute. Having the pop-up move all over the screen making it difficult to hit the 'X' button was a nice touch. Having the words to the song come up in response to hitting the 'X' button was an even nicer touch.

It's not a bad video, either. :smile:

It's a time-waster that could get old quick, but it's one of the more amusing time-wasters.
 
It isn't anything. How could I be offended by that? And on what planet would I live?

It's pointless, still so was the spamming Youtube to death. I've changed my mind it's all good in da hood. :smile:
 
Math Is Hard said:

Oh god, that guy looks freaky like janet jackson.

janet_jackson,0.jpg


tay.jpg
 
Cyrus said:
Oh god, that guy looks freaky like janet jackson.

He does look a little like her!