Why do some students have high liver alt/ast levels?

• Thread starter PaulTravers
  • Start date
In summary, some students may have high liver ALT/AST levels due to lifestyle factors such as excessive alcohol consumption, unhealthy diet, and lack of exercise. Certain medical conditions like fatty liver disease, hepatitis, and autoimmune disorders can also contribute to elevated levels. Genetics, medication use, and exposure to toxins are other potential factors. It is important for students to maintain a healthy lifestyle and address any underlying medical issues to reduce the risk of high liver ALT/AST levels. Regular check-ups and following medical advice can also help prevent complications.
PaulTravers
How did you find PF?
Accidentally came across a student message hat asked why he had high liver alt/ast. I was going to leave a comment but had to register. Bingo,
Hello.
Accidentally came across a student message hat asked why he had high liver alt/ast. I was going to leave a comment but had to register. Bingo,
Hello.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums, Paul. :smile:

Keep in mind that we can't give medical advice here at PF. If you want to post some links for that poster in their thread, that would probably be okay though.

berkeman said:
Welcome to PhysicsForums, Paul. :smile:

Keep in mind that we can't give medical advice here at PF. If you want to post some links for that poster in their thread, that would probably be okay though.

Not advice. I understand that.

Likes berkeman