Why isn't my laminator sticking PET thin films together at high temperatures?

  • Thread starter Thread starter paulzhen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    pet Thin films
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
paulzhen
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

I am trying to laminate two ITO-coated PET thin films together with heating (I believe the temperature generated by my laminator is above 80 Celsius degree), but they did not stick together even a little bit.

I have checked online for a few articles, laminating PET with heating (above 80 degree) seems straight forward, but why does it not work in my case? Did I miss anything? Please advise! Thanks a lot!
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
paulzhen said:
(I believe the temperature generated by my laminator is above 80 Celsius degree), but they did not stick together even a little bit.
Well, until you measure your temperature, you're flying blind.