Why Was the Palace of Auburn Hills Demolished?

  • Thread starter Thread starter George Jones
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Rip
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
7,643
Reaction score
1,602
I just saw this today:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/11/us/pistons-palace-demolished-trnd/index.html

For 15 years I lived in Canada and less than one mile from Detroit. I never went to see the Pistons play at The Palace of Auburn Hills (I did see Gretzky play the Wings at Joe Louis), but I did go with friends to see a number of concerts there, including The Eagles, Dire Straits, David Bowie, and Eric Clapton.

Good memories.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mcastillo356
Physics news on Phys.org
I saw The Great One skate circles around the Wings in Joe Louis Arena once. It was late in his career but was still awesome to watch.
 
Borg said:
I saw The Great One skate circles around the Wings in Joe Louis Arena once. It was late in his career but was still awesome to watch.
I just checked the distance on Google Maps. As the crow flies, my apartment in Canada was 980 metres (0.61 miles) from Joe Louis Arena in Detroit.