Will You Watch Allison Krause and Union Station Live on PBS Tonight?

  • Thread starter Thread starter turbo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Union
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
turbo
Insights Author
Gold Member
Messages
3,181
Reaction score
57
Their live concert (basis for their live CD) is going to be broadcast on PBS at 9:00 eastern tonight. If you haven't seen this, please try to tune in. Every one of the band members is stellar, and Jerry Douglas (on dobro) will floor you.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You're welcome, MIH. I hope that the the scheduling on the left coast is equivalent. This is one of the most entertaining live concert recordings of all time, IMO. I play guitar and whored out doing lots of rock and blues for years, but I have a soft spot for bluegrass. Strangely, my favored style is finger-picking - I have no home.
 
Damn! Jim Lehrer just came on to talk about Bush's speech tonight. I hope he keeps it short so we can listen to something real and honest. In Bush's opening salvo, he claimed that our enemies attacked us here, and linked that to the war in Iraq. Since the alleged suicide bombers were predominantly Saudis, why aren't we laying waste to Saudi Arabia?