Woman Wins Lottery Five Times Since September

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    lottery
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
8,252
Reaction score
2,666
... "I bought a deal or no deal [scratch off ticket], never ever bought tickets and just happened to see that and decided I'd like to try one which ended up being the $10,000 winner,"

In January, shw tried it again. This time pocketing $1,000. Then in March, another $1,000. And a few days later, she walked out of the Seven Eleven on Oakwood Road in Charleston with a $50,000 winner.

"I was just numb. I can't really tell you what went through my mind," she said.

Monday Bailey came to the Dunbar Go-Mart to try her luck a fifth time. The woman before her purchased 13 price is right tickets; all duds. She bought the 14th and it turns out to be her biggest win yet...
http://www.statejournal.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=58431

Tsu knew a hospital maintenance worker who won California's Big Spin twice. IIRC, he won 100K and then 50K. I also had a cousin who claimed to win the lottery twice, but later we learned that she was dipping into Grandma's money. :rolleyes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Statistics is a biatch.

You know what, that maintenance worker winning on the big spin twice sounds kinda familiar...