Physics Forums

Physics Forums (http://www.physicsforums.com/index.php)
-   Forum Feedback & Announcements (http://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   LaTeX Preview is working again! (http://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=175257)

chroot Jun27-07 05:37 PM

LaTeX Preview is working again!

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know I finished installing the code that enables LaTeX preview. Try it out and let me know if you find any bugs.

- Warren

Greg Bernhardt Jun27-07 05:39 PM

What a wonderful day! :biggrin:

-Job- Jun27-07 05:51 PM

Geez, that must've been really hard to fix. :P

berkeman Jun27-07 05:54 PM

[tex]I = I_S (e^\frac{qV}{kT} -1)[/tex]

Thanks chroot! That really is a big help in posting replies. :biggrin:

FrogPad Jun27-07 05:55 PM

good day... good day :P

nice work chroot!

chroot Jun27-07 05:56 PM

Quote:

Quote by -Job- (Post 1365995)
Geez, that must've been really hard to fix. :P

:uhh: Yeah... whew, I'm beat.

- Warren

robphy Jun27-07 06:22 PM

[tex]{\rm\HUGE\color{red} JOY!} [/tex]

robphy Jun27-07 07:33 PM

Since the recent update, I just noticed that my blog/journal entries with attempts at [tex]\LaTeX[/tex] now show graphic images... of the form "preview9587-0.png"... which are images from other LaTeX posts or previews of mine. They used to show the red "LaTeX image generation failed..." graphic. So, it seems that we are one step closer to LaTeX in the blog/journals... which might be a good place to place easier-to-find tutorials or notes... with no time limits on editing.. and no possible interference from other posters [but, of course, subject to approval by the mentors].

chroot Jun27-07 07:37 PM

robphy,

I don't really have any intention of supporting LaTeX in blogs. What you're seeing is actually a bug: if the code is run inside anything other than a normal post, it assumes it's in a preview. That apparently wasn't a good plan...

- Warren

robphy Jun27-07 07:50 PM

Quote:

Quote by chroot (Post 1366055)
robphy,

I don't really have any intention of supporting LaTeX in blogs. What you're seeing is actually a bug: if the code is run inside anything other than a normal post, it assumes it's in a preview. That apparently wasn't a good plan...

- Warren

ok. i see.
But Thanks again for fixing the LaTeX preview! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

ranger Jun27-07 08:42 PM

Thanks Warren.

[tex]\nabla \times \mathbf{H} = \mathbf{J} + \frac{\partial \mathbf{D}} {\partial t}[/tex]

[tex]\oint_C \mathbf{H} \cdot \mathrm{d}\mathbf{l} = \int_S \mathbf{J} \cdot \mathrm{d} \mathbf{A} +
\int_S \frac{\partial\mathbf{D}}{\partial t} \cdot \mathrm{d} \mathbf{A}[/tex]

Does this mean I can LaTeX all I want? How'd you get around the issues that were preventing you from doing it in the first place?

chroot Jun27-07 08:43 PM

When couldn't you use LaTeX all you wanted?

I got around the issues by scouring the vB code for an hour or two and finding the right places to put my hooks. It was actually really easy to find a reasonable way to do it. I'm sorry I didn't do it a long time ago. :frown:

- Warren

radou Jun28-07 08:24 AM

[tex]\chi\varpi\varpi\lambda[/tex].

neutrino Jun28-07 08:29 AM

[tex]\kappa oo\lambda[/tex] or[tex] \chi \omega\omega\lambda[/tex]? :biggrin:

CompuChip Jun28-07 09:56 AM

[tex]\varsigma o o \lambda[/tex]

P.S. (yes, [itex]\iota\tau[/itex] works)
P.P.S. so does inline :approve:

mattmns Jun28-07 10:34 AM

Awesome, thanks!

[tex]2 + 2 = 4[/tex]

dahfsys May3-09 09:35 AM

Re: LaTeX Preview is working again!

\begin{equation}\label{Eq2101}
m \ddot x (t) = R(t) - m \cdot g \cdot \sin \theta _E
\end{equation}

Mark44 May4-09 07:38 PM

Re: LaTeX Preview is working again!

LaTeX in previews is not working for me. Since no one else is reporting this problem, is it some setting on my browser (IE 8) I need to configure or something with the cookie I have do?
The following should look like the fraction 2/3 formatted nicely, but what I see when I preview it is an integral sign.
[tex]
\frac{2}{3}
[/tex]