Thread: Expanding Earth
View Single Post
notnewton
Jan7-04, 08:41 PM
P: 14
re: my 01-04
Post 3
If the mass of the Earth expanded 6X, even though the Earth's orbit around the sun doesn't get effected, certainly the moon being much closer would have gotten much closer or collided with us by now. I thought this possible, then I found the rest of the story. I personnaly like this one because it goes to the heart of trusting authority figures. They tend to teach us just a little bit wrong. We've obviously all been taught that the moon revolves around the Earth. It is a basic tenant of belief. It is also not true.
This is not a simple semantic gag. The moon is an unusual object. The moon has an apparent size equal to that of the sun's. It is visible on both sides of the Earth and makes a full cycle approximately 13 times a year. Every illustration ever shown shows the moon in a tight circle around the Earth. Let's begin. The Earth makes a CONVEX orbit around the sun. All planets do. All moons make a convex orbit around their planet (except the moon). If you look from the Earth to Mars or Jupiter or Saturn, you will see the moons in front of the planet typically moving left to right. When they orbit around the planet they move right to left to get back to their starting position. Obvious. If you looked from the sun to the Earth you would see the moon moving right to left. And then? Right to left. Always. If you took that Martian moon Phobos, looking from the sun, when the moon was on the farside of mars moving right to left, then phobos would be making a Convex arc orbit to the sun. When Phobos came around and was inside Mars and moving left to right, phobos would be making a CONCAVE orbit to the sun. This must be. Does our moon ever make a Concave orbit to the sun. NEVER. So what is happening? The Earth and the moon are two space objects flying virtually wing tip to wing tip in a sensuous and unique dance in the solar system. The best analogy is a 2 mile round NASCAR track with the Sun and Moon being two cars. The moon is drafting behind the Earth and then passes slowly on the right. The moon slows and the Earth passes slowly on the right. They go around each other, but they never make a concave curve to the sun. The moon is moving away from the earth at 5 cm/year. A large growth in the mass of the Earth won't effect the moon's orbit. So how exactly did the Earth capture the moon? I would hope some would wonder what else about Plate Tectonics was not taught or shared quite openly or in the most truthful manner.