View Single Post
pervect
Nov2-07, 10:54 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
P: 7,598
Quote Quote by meopemuk View Post
I never claimed that what I said is a part of GTR. I simply looked at experimental observations and tried to understand them without prejudice in a simplest possible model.
It would be very helpful if you found peer-reviewed papers and/or respectable popularizations with a viewpoint similar to your own, and pointed them out.

http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/astro-ph/0006423 might be a place to start. However, it's at a level that I wouldn't want to throw it at the average lay person. It also is arguably flawed, to boot, though I think it's interesting nonetheless for the advanced reader. It would unfortunately probably only confuse someone who didn't already know quite a bit about GR :-(.

It's problematic with respect to PF guidelines to promote ideas unless they've been published in a peer-reviewed journal. Because GR is very technical, I think that respectable popularizations are also acceptable.

It's also very handy to be able to point interested readers at respectable published sources. They can usually explain things in a lot more depth than a post can, and they are also something that interested readers can point to when *they* want to talk about the topic with someone else.