Thread: Hornet sting
View Single Post
Moonbear
#10
Jul3-08, 01:06 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Moonbear's Avatar
P: 12,270
Quote Quote by NoTime View Post
T
Apparently I managed to squoze more than venom out of the thing.

I now have a lovely lymphatic infection.
Ouch! Hope the meds help and you recover quickly. At least you have verified it's not an allergic reaction. The chances of that increase with repeated stings. Of course, not all bee/wasp/hornet venom is exactly the same, nor is whatever might be found on their little stingers, so it doesn't seem unreasonable to have a more severe reaction to one particular species than another. But, sounds like you've found out it's an infection causing the trouble, not the venom itself.