View Single Post
jackson6612
Jun13-10, 01:58 PM
P: 348
Quote Quote by AlexB2010 View Post
The sex differentiation of animals go far beyond you imagine on evolutionary line. Apes still have full sexual differentiation from their ancestral. Fishes already have full sexual separation.
If you study molecular evolution you will see that some proteins are very well the same in their folded forms from bacteria to humans.
re: The sex differentiation of animals go far beyond you imagine on evolutionary line

I'm sorry for this off-topic question. I'm also an English learner, so it'd be nice if you could help with the language so that I can get the point.

I would have written: The sex differentiation of animals go far beyond you can imagine on the evolutionary line.Or, rather better: The sex differentiation of animals happened far long ago on the evolutionary line. Does my way match what you had in my mind?

re: Apes still have full sexual differentiation from their ancestral. Fishes already have full sexual separation

Here, by apes , you mean monkeys, gorillas, etc? Yes, I have no doubt about it - there are a lot of male and female monkeys around! But I don't think this is what you exactly meant. You used two different words, 'sexual differentiation' and 'sexual separation', to refer to what appears the same feature to me. Did you do that on purpose, or, just for the sake of variety?

Thank you for all the help.