Thread: R c h o
View Single Post
arivero
Nov30-10, 05:44 PM
PF Gold
P: 2,885
Quote Quote by MTd2 View Post
What composites?
I told aboit it above in #50, and it is my thread in Independent Research. Not relevant hera except as motivation perhaps, it is a trick of my own: I kept thinking about the QCD string, and one day I noticed that the famous prerequisite for supersymmetry, to have the same number of scalar states and fermionic states, actually works for the particles bound with the QCD string if and only if you have three generations and a fast decaying top quark (so that it does not bind in the extreme of the string).

It is even madder than the maddest idea from supertring theory, but later I found that Schwarz himself was considering it in 1970 for six or seven months, and even published it in the Physical Review -so at least a referee considered it as a valid argument-. But he only considered susy between quarks and gluons, ie diquarks at most, and in the early seventies there was only one generation and half, everything light and well bound, so there was no grounds to follow this path.

Still, I kept to it always that I find susy: I think of muons and diquarks as if they were the susy partners, with the qcd string, of fundamental fermions. I prefer this way to the orthodox think, and it helps, because the link susy-triality-division algebras is very strong, so to close the eyes is not an option.