View Single Post
erics
Apr5-11, 10:34 PM
P: 7
whoops I meant ship 2 Velocity with respect to earth would be 0.9897433186.... typo... I left out a nine.... it should then be exactly the same as the .8606 C

So knowing this, it would appear to Ship #1 that an equal amount of ship #1 clock tickings were during the getting surpassed by ship #2 as the time catching up to the ship....

Using intuition, no graph, I think what is happening here is that Ship #1's time relationship with Earth is not changing between Year 0-6 and 7-10.....

The disagreement over the time of U-turn of Ship #2 purely has to do with Earth's relationship to Ship #2 in space-time differing from Ship #1's relationship to Ship #2 in space-time.... explained by a disagreement over how much Ship #2 is accelerating/de-accelerating........... from the perception of Earth compared to Ship #1's perception

However, all 3 clocks are out of sync with each other until they meet each other so I can't use Earth's clock to measure aging of the ship's clocks except note that the total times accumulated at the end are what they are.... and trusting the formulas.