View Single Post
y33t
Nov7-11, 08:35 AM
P: 107

Calculating Intensity distribution, Electric Field distribution for pulsed laser.

You are trying to see reverse SHG effect, for this you need to first model the crystal by defining it as an anisotropic medium with necessary dispersion parameters (μ,σ,ε).

For simplicity, you can model OPO as a blackbox with one input and two outputs. If you don't want to go into trouble to model the crystal, you can model it as a beam splitter with different wavelength outputs.

Modelling the cavity is not that simple unfortunately. You need to model both mirrors and the crystal for complete behavior of cavity. But this might only be necessary to a precision point, it ends up in your error tolerance.

TEM mode beam will not have any electric field component along the propagation path. You can plot Gaussian pattern of your beam but that will not include electric field.

Quote Quote by vivek.iitd View Post
Thank you for your reply.

I am trying to model a cavity, about the mode I am taking it to be TEM00.

Actually i want to see the temporal behavior of OPO (Optical Parametric Oscillator). My approach is as follows:

As i know the temporal profile of the Intensity (Gaussian) I will divide into time slices (each one corresponding to one cavity round trip). For one time slice i will take intensity to be constant and from there i will calculate Electric field distribution (in spatial x-y coordinates, it is also Gaussian) and will propagate it back and forth in the cavity (z-direction). I will continue the process for one laser pulse.

Please let me know which other parameters you will need?