View Single Post
Evo
Jan31-12, 07:41 PM
Mentor
P: 26,650
Quote Quote by Moonbear View Post
The endoscopy might have more to do with knocking you out ompletely, to suppress your gag reflex. You know the drill around here...discuss it with your doctor if in doubt. There's nothing wrong with asking why he wants to use a different med than your previous doctor. If there's no good reason other than that's his routine, or most patients prefer it, then you can discuss other options. If there's a good reason with your specific procedure, then go with his recommendation.
I've had 2 endoscopies with versed, I woke up during that last one, terrible, they took forever to administer more, the doctor told the nurse that I wouldn't remember. HA!!! I remember every horrible minute where I was gagging and thrashing as much as possible to get their attention.

I would like to hear from some of the members that said they had bad experiences with colonoscopies and if they know what was given to them. several members in chat told me theirs were bad, so I'd like to know what they had. I loved my colonoscopy.