View Single Post
DaveC426913
#3
Feb26-12, 09:01 PM
DaveC426913's Avatar
P: 15,319
Quote Quote by polaris90 View Post
During one of my labs we were using circuits. I connected a 9V battery in parallel with a 2.kΏ resistor and a multimeter. I meaured the current across the circuit and noticed it went really high at the beginning (about 30mA) and then it slowly went down and the battery became really hot and unusable. Why did that happened? I've been trying to find why the battery would get hot and stop working. Any help?
The battery is obviously shorted.

What two devices were in parallel exactly? The resistor and the multimeter (as an ammeter)? What setting was the multimeter on?