View Single Post
Totter is offline
Apr3-12, 01:43 PM
P: 8
Is there another name for "the volume Swept through" in maths "Graphs" ?
No matter how and where I search I cant find anything showing me how to get the "the volume swept through" of a graph and yet they ask it just like that in one of my assignments :(.

Heres the question.

Sketch the parabola y=2x^2 +5 and the line y=3x+4 on the same set of axes.
The segment cut off from the parabola y=2x^2 +5 by the line y=3x +4 is rotated around the
x-axis once.Determine the volume swept through.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on
Simplicity is key to co-operative robots
Chemical vapor deposition used to grow atomic layer materials on top of each other
Earliest ancestor of land herbivores discovered