For your thoughts... a theory of mine...
A Method by which shape shifting strings may explain:
Consider the following:
If a string, was a string, in shape, in only one STATE of its existence, then one might readily explain why a solid is a solid, why a liquid is a liquid, and why a gas is a gas, and how it becomes hydrogen, helium, and neutrons..
If the SHAPE of a string occurred, as a string, only as, or in, plasma, and took on other SHAPES, as it changed states, then I propose the following:
1. Plasma is only one STATE of a string, one which is not normal except in suns and similar situations. As plasma, it has the “string” shape.
2. Under less stressful situations, the string could be a closed loop, a torus. This represents an atom of hydrogen. A torus is a shape that can have TWO distinct kinds of spin. It can spin about a central axis, and the “tire shape” can also roll on itself. This establishes the possibility of TWO kinds of spin. A left, and right spinning torus… two distinct kinds of hydrogen, a left, and a right spinning torus. Should two of these opposite spinning tori meet, they would immediately be inclined to form a molecule of hydrogen.
3. If, in a solar flare, one of the tori of hydrogen were to “break”, even temporarily, it might combine with an opposite spinning torus of hydrogen, and form a loop around the “doughnut” of the other torus… helium… two tori locked quite happily together.
4. If a “string” of hydrogen were excited to become “super-stretched” it might knot itself, upon collapse, into a trefoil, a neutron.
5. There is no ready explanation for solids, liquids, and gasses. If a torus of hydrogen was a high energy state (and it is), then the torus of hydrogen is a gas.
6. If the diameter of the hole, in the torus of hydrogen, becomes less than one third of the average, overall diameter of the torus, then it will begin to condense into a liquid. When the “hole” finally disappears, what is left is a spheroid… a liquid.
7. If the spheroid losses its spin, then it will collapse into the last gasp effort to hold back the pressure of the universe, it will become a shape with the least number of faces, edges, and vertices… a tetrahedron, a solid.
Solids are characterized by having flat surface faces, edges, and vertices. As there are liquids that exhibit the characteristics of a solid, this is easily explained by a flattened spheroid… not quite liquid, not quite solid… two flat surfaces, but no vertices.
It may well be, in addition, that SPACE, itself, is nothing more than a highly charged, or high energy state of helium.
I do not know how to do calculus, so I can offer no math to support this concept. I discovered this concept while writing my soon to be published book, a book meant to be a conjoining of real science and history and pseudo science. Danged if the concept doesn't seem to work. Go figure.
Maybe it will inspire some thoughts...