Thread: Deja Vu?
View Single Post
zoobyshoe
Oct2-05, 04:10 PM
P: 5,625
Quote Quote by seraphim
How could a seizure in my brain cause this exact fortelling of a period of several minutes?
If what you say is true, then you're not having deja vu's, you're having some sort of authentic precognitive experience.

The experience I'm talking about here is purely illusory: the present seems inordinately familiar despite the fact you know it can't be. Normally this is a shortlived, anomalous feeling, that soon dissipates. When clusters of these happen one after another you can start getting the feeling you know what is going to happen next. In fact, what you think is going to happen next never does except as much as you would expect by chance. If the deja vus continue, however, whatever does happen feels so hyperfamiliar that you tell yourself that it proves you did indeed know what was about to happen, you'd just gotten the details wrong.

Now, as I said, if you aren't wrong about what is going to happen next, then you are having some other experience, apparently the result of precognitive dreams from your description, and not a deja vu.