View Single Post
yogi
Jan16-06, 10:50 PM
P: 1,473
hurkyl - wrt your post 53 - I agree that if each observer sets up the classical two clock measuring experiment to determine time in the other frame, each could measure the apparent rate of the other clock to be running slow - at least during portions of the orbit - but what I am attempting to say, is that, with reference to the tower clock B, A actually always runs slow during the entire orbit - for example let me construct a plurality of towers equally spaced along on the earth along the path of the orbiting clock with clocks B through Z all in sync in the earth centered reference frame. These clocks check the rate of A whenever A passes overhead . Each will read A's clock and see A running slow when it passes near - this is the actual time dilation asserted by Einstein in part 4 - admittedly without a sound foundational bases - but nonetheless verified by experiments that were not conducted until many years later. This is what Einstein is referring to when he concludes "a clock at the equator will run slower than a clock at the North pole"