View Single Post
Ad Infinitum NAU
Feb16-06, 04:16 PM
P: 45
A few months ago I read a book called The Self-Aware Universe by Amit Goswami. Somewhere in the first several chapters Amit introduces an experiment by.. well I'll have to dig out the book for the fine details... anyways, an experiment was done using Faraday cages and "direct connections". The experiment consisted of two volunteers who spent 30 to 45 minutes interacting until a direct connection was reached between the two. While holding onto this direct connection, the volunteers were placed into two separate Faraday cages. In one cage, a volunteer was introduced to a stimulus via a light source. In the other Faraday cage, the other volunteer's brainwaves were monitored. At the exact instant volunteer 1 was introduced to the light stimulus, volunteer 2's brain was acting as if it were being stimulated by the same source. Of course, there was no conscious knowledge of the reaction by volunteer 2, however his brain was acting as if he were introduced to the same stimulus. How was this information transferred? Amit also went on to tell that there was no reaction to un-stimulated pairs of volunteers. Interesting stuff. If anyone needs a clearer description of this experiment, please ask. I'm trying to go off memory right now, and it's been awhile since I recalled the literature.