Register to reply

BC Calc

by al2six
Tags: calc
Share this thread:
al2six
Dec16-03, 12:54 AM
P: 7
this is kind of off topic... but anyway, I'm a freshman in engineering at purdue and i was really suprised by the low number of kids who passed out of 2 semesters of calc like i did. in my high school of about 1000, we had about 40 kids in BC calc. Only 4 didn't get a 5 on the ap exam. is my school something unusual? i never thought it was until i got to purdue and barely anyone had even taken bc calc.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
meister
Dec16-03, 12:59 AM
P: 57
My high school had the IB program and we were only able to take the AB exam. I took the college equivalent to first quarter calculus my junior year of high school but we did other stuff senior, like 3-d geometry and other crap that was basically useless.

I know of no high schools around here that offer anything past AB calculus. Everyone takes classes at the local CC.

Register to reply