Tags: free, physics
Share this thread:
Hootenanny
Jan10-07, 04:26 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 9,772
Wow, nice! Full course lecture notes, problem sets and solutions! Great find, you should stick this in the tutorials section.
J77
Jan10-07, 04:55 AM
P: 1,157
And, more generally, http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Global/all-courses.htm

Moridin
Jan10-07, 11:14 AM
P: 858
MIT gives free physics course

Out of all educational material available at MIT-related websites, I must say that I can and do appreciate the large quantity of physics video lectures with Walter Lewin. He has a very dynamic lecturer.

8.01 Physics I: Classical Mechanics, Fall 1999
8.02 Electricity and Magnetism, Spring 2002
8.03 Physics III: Vibrations and Waves, Fall 2004

The above is about 100 videos (approx. 40-50 min each) for Physics I-III instructed at MIT.

While I am on the subject, he is also in some independent video lectures available over at MIT World:

Polarization: Light Waves, Rainbows, and Cheap Sunglasses
The Birth and Death of Stars
The Sounds of Music
The Mystery of Light
The Wonders of Electricity and Magnetism

While the five above is more of introductory rather than from actual course. Still it is an interesting experience to watch them.
Saketh
Jan10-07, 04:14 PM
P: 262
Quote Quote by Moridin
(approx. 40min each)
Each one is more like 50 minutes (not that it really makes a difference).
vincentm
Jan10-07, 04:15 PM
P: 339
Crap i just really wished they didn't use Real player as their format. Nevertheless downloading that crappy software to play these videos is worth it. Thank you.
kanak
Jan11-08, 05:03 AM
P: 1
Quote Quote by vincentm View Post
Crap i just really wished they didn't use Real player as their format. Nevertheless downloading that crappy software to play these videos is worth it. Thank you.
If you have access to the itunes store, you can download these videos in mp4 format for free from the iTunesU section.
mgb_phys
Jan11-08, 09:14 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 8,953
Quote Quote by vincentm View Post
Crap i just really wished they didn't use Real player as their format.
Google for 'Real alternative' it's a free implemation of the realplayer protocol without all the ad-ware and dancing hamsters of real's official player.
nanoWatt
Jan11-08, 09:38 AM
P: 89
I tried with both Real and Real Alternative, and I just get a "Missing Codec" error. I can't seem to play their videos.
Saladsamurai
Jan11-08, 04:50 PM
P: 3,016
Quote Quote by mgb_phys View Post
Google for 'Real alternative' it's a free implemation of the realplayer protocol without all the ad-ware and dancing hamsters of real's official player.
Do they have a real alternative or some other player that supports .rm for a Mac?
regal231
Apr9-08, 03:07 PM
P: 2
Just want to say thanks for posting this.
gamesguru
Apr10-08, 04:12 PM
P: 85
Problem sets are good and all, but you really do need video lectures to fully learn the material.
russelljbarry15
May19-08, 06:02 PM
P: 15
You-Tube also has the videos. I can play them fine from there.
TheRealColbert
May21-08, 09:04 PM
P: 14
Using Firefox, there is an add-on extension called DownloadHelper that allows you to "easily" download youtube videos into .flv format.

But I wish they would put them up in a torrent....
eveo
May7-10, 09:14 PM
P: 37
Quote Quote by nanoWatt View Post
I tried with both Real and Real Alternative, and I just get a "Missing Codec" error. I can't seem to play their videos.
if you are on a PC download the k-lite codec pack
referframe
May10-10, 10:19 PM
PF Gold
P: 133
This is great! Thanks!

Register to reply