Bridge Rectifier

by skimoe55
Tags: bridge, rectifier
skimoe55
Mar4-07, 02:06 PM
P: 3
Could anyone suggest what size and best type of bridge rectifier to use with this motor,Thrige Titan 10 HP, 7.5 KW,240V DC- 36.3 Amp,Excitation 150/300 V- 1.4/0.7 A.
Also would I be able to run this motor off my house current of 240 V, This motor will be used to power a winch for pulling logs and the wiring diagram shows it can be set up as, shunt, series or compound, also what would be the best setup with these three if it can be used, Thanks for any info, Rodger
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
SensaBubble: It's a bubble, but not as we know it (w/ video)
WSU innovation improves drowsy driver detection
Faster computation of electromagnetic interference on an electronic circuit board
Integral
Mar5-07, 04:52 PM
Mentor
P: 7,292
You are asking for a high voltage, high current device. Without a sound background in electronics and electricity you should avoid such a project.

I think you will find that most knowledgeable people are reluctant to offer remote help with potentially lethal circuitry.
skimoe55
Mar6-07, 02:42 AM
I did not know I had to post my qualifications to receive a answer to my question but thanks anyway, and I will try to keep my fingers out of light sockets

dlgoff
Mar6-07, 07:23 PM
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 2,634

Bridge Rectifier

Hmm. Now I'm no expert, but I think you would need to build the bridge from discrete high voltage power diodes. You would need all the appropriate hardware to connect these diodes. eg heat sinks and cabling. And I would want it in some sort of electrical enclosure. Do you have access to any power component suppliers?
skimoe55
Mar7-07, 01:25 AM
I am no expert by a long shot but would not something like this work , Bridge Rectifier ~ 50 amp 1000V Single Phase GBPC5010 4
triden
Mar9-07, 12:42 PM
P: 173
For pulling logs, wiring the motor in series would probably be best. Series wound motors have best torque at low RPM's and are very good at moving a dead lift. Although, if you have a gear drive infront of it, a shunt wound configuration might also work because it wont "run away" on you with no load attached. You just won't get the starting torque that a series motor offers.
Averagesupernova
Mar9-07, 03:30 PM
P: 2,452
I also think series is the way to go here too. I would expect for certain a gear drive would be on the output. This should be enough to keep the motor from over reving simply because of the friction.

Register to reply