Anybody else trying Chrome?

by turbo
Tags: chrome
Share this thread:
turbo
Sep5-08, 06:19 AM
PF Gold
P: 7,363
I downloaded Google Chrome this morning and am giving it a try. It seems a bit quicker at loading pages than FF or IE.

I'd like to mute the color of the blue window frame, but there seems to be no option to do that, at least until some open-source developers get their hands on it.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Scientists develop 'electronic nose' for rapid detection of C. diff infection
Why plants in the office make us more productive
Tesla Motors dealing as states play factory poker
rootX
Sep5-08, 05:48 PM
P: 1,294
Quote Quote by turbo-1 View Post
I downloaded Google Chrome this morning and am giving it a try. It seems a bit quicker at loading pages than FF or IE.

http://www.paulspoerry.com/2008/09/0...ome-speedtest/

I am considering about moving (~50%) to Chrome from FF 3. FF 3 extensions make it more favorable.
LowlyPion
Sep5-08, 06:02 PM
HW Helper
P: 5,341
Quote Quote by turbo-1 View Post

I'd like to mute the color of the blue window frame, but there seems to be no option to do that, at least until some open-source developers get their hands on it.
I plan to, but I think the no pop-up blocker thing is problematical for me. It spikes my blood pressure all those pop-ups I never want to see jumping in my face.

Article on 10 things wish list.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-...2.html?tag=txt

cristo
Sep5-08, 06:02 PM
Mentor
P: 8,317
Anybody else trying Chrome?

I'd like to try it, but currently it's only available for windows.
Kurdt
Sep5-08, 06:11 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,980
I downloaded it but haven't used it much. nor do I think I will. I'm an IE pro fan.
turbo
Sep5-08, 06:21 PM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by LowlyPion View Post
I plan to, but I think the no pop-up blocker thing is problematical for me. It spikes my blood pressure all those pop-ups I never want to see jumping in my face.

Article on 10 things wish list.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-...2.html?tag=txt
It blocks pop-ups on XPSP3 and lets you know about each one if you choose.
TheStatutoryApe
Sep5-08, 10:07 PM
P: 1,550
I've been thinking about getting it since I heard about it. I really like Opera though and it always annoys me trying to figure out how to navigate options in new programs and finding out that they wont let me do the things I am used to being able to do..

Quote Quote by Kurdt View Post
I'm an IE pro fan.
You are going to that special place in hell for geeks that prefer microsoft products. Bill will meet you at the gates.
Kurdt
Sep5-08, 10:12 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Quote Quote by TheStatutoryApe View Post
You are going to that special place in hell for geeks that prefer microsoft products. Bill will meet you at the gates.
Sheesh! Say you like anything Microsoft and you're instantly assumed to be evil.
Evo
Sep5-08, 10:14 PM
Mentor
P: 26,555
Quote Quote by Kurdt View Post
Sheesh! Say you like anything Microsoft and you're instantly assumed to be evil.
I use IE and it's great.
TheStatutoryApe
Sep5-08, 10:29 PM
P: 1,550
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
I use IE and it's great.
We all already knew you were evil. Its in the name.
rootX
Sep5-08, 10:31 PM
P: 1,294
We all already knew you were evil. Its in the name.
They all going to hell!
turbo
Sep6-08, 09:33 AM
PF Gold
IE = Institutionalized Evil
Andre
Sep6-08, 09:43 AM
PF Gold
P: 5,459
I think I'm going to like chrome and I wonder who put the dutch spelling checker in the quick reply box in chrome here.
Kurdt
Sep6-08, 09:49 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
You'll all be changing your tune when Bill Gates write loyal customers into his will.
Greg Bernhardt
Sep6-08, 09:50 AM
Admin
P: 9,574
Easy now, Google could be the next MS ;)

IE8 is not too shabby. I like chrome, but until they release a new version with something actually revolutionary, it will remain be my third option.
turbo
Sep6-08, 10:47 AM
PF Gold
I'm alternating between Chrome and FF3 right now, and will try Chrome in chat tomorrow to see if there is any browser-related reason that I keep getting booted. So far, it's FF3, Chrome, and IE7 in that order. I haven't yet upgraded to IE8. Is there any improved functionality/security moving from 7 to 8?
Kurdt
Sep6-08, 11:36 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
Microsoft are claiming its better all round. Personally I prefer the design of IE7 to IE8. I don't think there's any reason to rush over turbo.
turbo
Sep6-08, 11:49 AM
PF Gold
Thanks, Kurdt. I don't usually jump on MS upgrades as soon as they are available. They always make claims of "improvements", but usually they don't translate into something that means a lot to me, and there are sometimes bugs. I let others be the MS guinea pigs, if possible.

Register to reply