Register to reply

Where to get large display (Like TI-83) calulator that is non-programmable?

by pswayze
Tags: calulator, display, nonprogrammable, ti83
Share this thread:
pswayze
Apr12-09, 02:47 PM
P: 1
My Fluid Mechanics teacher doesn't allow programmable calculators and he checks before the exam. I asked him and he said we can have any large display calculator as long as it isn't programmable. Has anyone seen such a thing? I really am dependent on the giant LCD that shows the equation after I put in my numbers. Any suggestions?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
Greg Bernhardt
Apr27-09, 05:12 PM
Admin
P: 9,575
Here is a list of non-programmable calcs
http://education.ti.com/educationpor...cientific.html
ibcnunabit
Jul16-09, 11:35 PM
P: 65
Quote Quote by pswayze View Post
My Fluid Mechanics teacher doesn't allow programmable calculators and he checks before the exam. I asked him and he said we can have any large display calculator as long as it isn't programmable. Has anyone seen such a thing? I really am dependent on the giant LCD that shows the equation after I put in my numbers. Any suggestions?
Quote Quote by pswayze View Post
I'd suggest an HP, but all the HP's with large graphic screens are programmable (except for a couple of business/financial calcs)! But the screens don't get much bigger than the one on the Casio ClassPad 330. AND it's a touch screen! Resolution 240 x 160. TI's are fine, but DON'T GET THE TI-Nspire! They seem to have a lot of problems. Check out this YouTube video--for a non-programmable (non-HP, non-RPN) calculator, this one is pretty impressive. Watch the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pxmy31SVa0

Register to reply