Fail DVD Rewinder: Does it Work on CDs?

• Thread starter flatmaster
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Work
In summary, the conversation is discussing a failed product called a DVD rewinder, which was never actually produced. The conversation also mentions the potential use of the rewinder on CDs and the need to get the correct version for the right hemisphere. The conversation ends with a humorous comment about the product.
flatmaster
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/fail-dvd-rewinder.jpg

I wonder if it works on CD's too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
That was never an actual product.

negitron said:

No, but several years ago I mailed pix of them to my coworkers as actual Christmas gifts.

flatmaster said:
I wonder if it works on CD's too.

Yes but you have to get the US/Europe version - a lot of the ones on ebay are for the southern hemisphere and spin the wrong way around

negitron said:

To be honest with you, in this day and age where they sell ropeless jump ropes,
I'm almost surprised that its not an actual product. :rofl:

mgb_phys said:
Yes but you have to get the US/Europe version - a lot of the ones on ebay are for the southern hemisphere and spin the wrong way around

:rofl: That would be terrible to keep unwinding your DVDs when you're trying to wind them.

1. How does the Fail DVD Rewinder work on CDs?

The Fail DVD Rewinder is a device designed to rewind DVDs by spinning them in the opposite direction. It does not have any specific mechanism for CDs, so it would not work on them.

2. Will using the Fail DVD Rewinder damage my CDs?

Since the Fail DVD Rewinder is not designed for CDs, using it on them could potentially damage the discs. It is recommended to use the appropriate rewinding device for CDs to avoid any potential damage.

3. Can I use the Fail DVD Rewinder on all types of CDs?

The Fail DVD Rewinder is not designed for CDs, so it is not guaranteed to work on all types of CDs. It is best to use it only on DVDs as intended.

4. Is the Fail DVD Rewinder reliable for rewinding DVDs?

The reliability of the Fail DVD Rewinder for rewinding DVDs may vary. Some users may have positive experiences, while others may encounter issues. It is best to do thorough research and read reviews before purchasing the product.

5. Can I use the Fail DVD Rewinder on scratched or damaged DVDs?

The Fail DVD Rewinder may not be effective on scratched or damaged DVDs. It is best to use it on undamaged discs to avoid any potential issues.