Register to reply

I heard a great song by Linkin Park recently.

by Char. Limit
Tags: linkin, park, song
Share this thread:
baywax
Jan1-10, 04:16 PM
PF Gold
P: 2,215
Quote Quote by Char. Limit View Post
Wow, we've got nothing on you.

At least the mayor of Spokane is semi-honest. I have a seperate thread praising those virtues of her that are rare in politics.
I don't know if I'm being biased but yeah, the Mayor of Surrey is a woman and she is very good at being trustworthy, to a degree. She is spending like a bat out of hell on community events and programs. Vanc's Mayor, on the other hand, is a dork with a flip flop mouth on him like a wind sock at the airport.
Char. Limit
Jan1-10, 04:46 PM
PF Gold
P: 1,957
Why would you be biased? Unless you're implying that women are better Mayors...
baywax
Jan2-10, 01:20 AM
PF Gold
Why would you be biased? Unless you're implying that women are better Mayors...
Just a general understanding that women provide for their family/community from a trusted position such as mother/wife/sister and benefactor. While men run amok feeding their male menopause and insatiable appetite for power, recognition and gluttony. Of course this is a fallacious and biased point of view carried by many women and a few men. We may need to do a consensus of cities with mayors who are of each gender to try and establish whether the point of view carries weight or not.
Char. Limit
Jan2-10, 01:49 AM
PF Gold
It doesn't.
baywax
Jan2-10, 02:27 PM
PF Gold
It doesn't.
Alright then. When we look for trustworthiness in an individual we are not looking for a specific gender nor position in society nor physical features that signal such trustworthiness. What do we look for? Their actions. Not their words. True or false?

Edit: When we look for trustworthiness in an inanimate object... like a log across a stream or the transmission of a vehicle... we don't look for a specific gender but we do look for specific positioning and physical features that suggest a trustworthiness. Then we test the object... with some sort of action to determine how it might perform under our weight or our utilization of the object. Can these same tests apply to individual humans?
Char. Limit
Jan2-10, 03:08 PM
PF Gold
Part I: Mostly actions, but make sure that their words agree with their actions.

Part II: I'm leery of looking simply for physical characteristics. Inanimate objects don't have free will. Humans do. You need to make sure that they have the physical AND mental ability for a task, as well as the force of will not to slack off.
baywax
Jan2-10, 07:26 PM
PF Gold
Part I: Mostly actions, but make sure that their words agree with their actions.
Then if they're speaking lower Lactavian all you have is their actions to go by, right?
Char. Limit
Jan3-10, 01:03 AM
PF Gold
Pretty much... Or find a translator.

Register to reply