Sixth sense technology

by Stevo6754
Tags: sense, sixth, technology
Share this thread:
Stevo6754
Nov25-09, 11:00 PM
P: 30
http://www.ted.com/talks/pranav_mist...echnology.html

Pretty amazing stuff, if you want to see what hes getting up to go to about 6 in. Could this be the future? Hes also releasing the open source next month, I will be putting one together
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Sapphire talk enlivens guesswork over iPhone 6
Geneticists offer clues to better rice, tomato crops
UConn makes 3-D copies of antique instrument parts
Greg Bernhardt
Nov26-09, 01:13 AM
Admin
P: 9,293
Agreed, really neat, thanks for sharing!
TaylorRatliff
Nov26-09, 01:35 AM
P: 19
The device its self is amazing, but I am truly impressed by the variety of software that the team working on this has put together. This device seems to demonstrate the power of augmented reality to change the way we work with computers in many aspects of daily life. I can't wait to see what is done when it goes open source.

The future of this kind of technology I think will be based more on glasses with built in displays rather than projectors though. Both will be important, but it seems that the privacy, as well as stereoscopic 3D in glasses will make them much more practical.

AudreeArringt
Dec27-09, 11:54 PM
P: 4
Sixth sense technology

This post is very informative. This guy is a genius! This article about him at MIT Technology Review. Opportunities for this technology are endless, just imagine what it could do in medicine, only by examining patients' medical information can immediately get information about drug allergies or conflicts without lug around a computer. :)
Newai
Jan5-10, 06:26 PM
P: 106
A boon for many obvious reasons. An inevitable headache for legislators who have already argued over laws for texting and driving. For example, someone's going to put your GPS on your windshield, and the rest you know.

Register to reply