How long do lithium mp3 nonreplaceable last?

• Thread starter ensabah6
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Lithium
In summary, a Sansa Clip mp3 player typically has a lifespan of over 1000 charge cycles, which can last for a few years with regular use. However, as the battery gradually loses its capacity, the device may become obsolete. In comparison, an Apple iPod can last for several years, with a 4GB capacity being considered usable. Lithium batteries will eventually need to be replaced, but a Sansa Clip that is 2 years old and still works well may not need to be replaced yet. Ultimately, the decision to sell and buy a new one or wait for the battery to die and buy a new one will depend on individual preferences and factors such as the quality of the original battery and charger.
ensabah6
Hi,
I have a sansa Clip that is 2 years old. Still works well. I know that one day the non-replaceable battery will die. If I use it 2-3 hours a day everyday during "dead" times like travel, how many years on average can I expect out of it? In terms of money, Should I sell it and buy a new one? Or wait for it to die and buy a new one?

Computer science news on Phys.org
It depends on a lot of factors, the quality of the original cell,s the quality of the charger, temperature etc. But it's generally >1000 charge cycles, so a couple of years.
The idea is that by the time the battery is dead the device is obsolete.
As the unit ages it will gradually hold less charge and so run for less time between charges.

Sansa Clip mp3 players use Lithium Polymer cells does this help?

How long do apple ipods last in terms of years?

I find 4Gb to be quite usable. And small.

I got it as a gift around Dec 2007. Still works fine. I know lithium batteries don't last forever.

1. How long does the lithium mp3 nonreplaceable battery last on average?

The average lifespan of a lithium mp3 nonreplaceable battery is around 2-3 years with regular use. However, the actual lifespan may vary depending on the specific device and usage patterns.

2. Can the nonreplaceable lithium battery be replaced?

No, nonreplaceable lithium batteries are built into the device and cannot be replaced. This is a design choice made by the manufacturer and is not intended for user replacement.

3. What factors can affect the lifespan of a lithium mp3 nonreplaceable battery?

The lifespan of a lithium mp3 nonreplaceable battery can be affected by various factors such as usage patterns, temperature, and charging habits. Frequent use, exposure to extreme temperatures, and overcharging can all contribute to a shorter lifespan.

4. Is it safe to use a lithium mp3 nonreplaceable battery?

Yes, lithium batteries are generally considered safe for use in electronic devices. However, it is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper charging and usage to prevent potential hazards.

5. How can I prolong the lifespan of my lithium mp3 nonreplaceable battery?

To prolong the lifespan of your lithium mp3 nonreplaceable battery, it is recommended to avoid overcharging, keep the device at a moderate temperature, and avoid frequent deep discharges. It is also important to use the device regularly to prevent the battery from deteriorating due to long periods of inactivity.