Register to reply

How about riemann conjecture

by narniaoff
Tags: conjecture, riemann
Share this thread:
narniaoff
Jan16-10, 06:43 AM
P: 4
Hello dear forum members I wanted to know where are the research on the Riemann hypothesis , the latest advances ,who are the currently leading experts and is now known that mathematics it requires for its resolution
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Flapping baby birds give clues to origin of flight
Prions can trigger 'stuck' wine fermentations, researchers find
Socially-assistive robots help kids with autism learn by providing personalized prompts
CRGreathouse
Jan16-10, 12:26 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 3,684
Quote Quote by narniaoff View Post
Hello dear forum members I wanted to know where are the research on the Riemann hypothesis , the latest advances ,who are the currently leading experts and is now known that mathematics it requires for its resolution
We don't appear to have enough mathematics developed for its resolution, no. The cutting edge research has been to show that a positive fraction (2/5?) of zeros must lie on the critical line and that almost all zeros are within epsilon of the critical line. There are also known zero-free regions near the boundary of the critical strip.

Many problems have been shown equivalent to the RH, notable (to me, at least) Robin's theorem. So far it seems like these other problems, though often elementary, are no easier to solve than the original. The 'direct approach' through analytic number theory seems the most likely resolution at the moment, though I doubt the solution will be found soon. (I'd love to be wrong there.)
narniaoff
Jan19-10, 03:10 PM
P: 4
thanks for your clear answers but i want to know is there a topological approach or geometrical approach of this problem

CRGreathouse
Jan20-10, 07:58 AM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 3,684
How about riemann conjecture

Quote Quote by narniaoff View Post
thanks for your clear answers but i want to know is there a topological approach or geometrical approach of this problem
None that I'm aware of, no.

Register to reply