Register to reply

Remembering PF veterans of old

by Loren Booda
Tags: remembering, veterans
Share this thread:
MathematicalPhysicist
Sep11-03, 06:45 AM
P: 3,220
does someone know what with obssesive maths freak?
Siv
Jul14-04, 12:20 AM
PF Gold
P: 149
Quote Quote by Entropia
Yes, I know.

But, I havn't seen her post nearly as much as she used to.
Hey folks .... its nice to see PF up and running.
Hi there Entropia (and Tom ... and AG) .... no I haven't posted at PF at all for the last 1 year or so, I think. It was taking too much of my time, for one. Plus I read something about it going to be shut down or become a paid forum etc, I dont really remember.

Then this morning I type out a Google search for Jacob Bronowski's quote, the one which used to be my signature (probably still is ... or maybe not) and I run across this thread re: PF Veterans. Wow ... it was so nostalgic. Then I tried logging in and it still works. Wow ...

I dont think I can post much ... but hey, its great to be back
Greg Bernhardt
Jul14-04, 12:51 AM
Admin
P: 9,293
Holy wow!!! Siv!! Welcome back! Great to see you again, you have been missed I assure you.
Siv
Jul14-04, 01:11 AM
PF Gold
Quote Quote by Greg Bernhardt
Holy wow!!! Siv!! Welcome back! Great to see you again, you have been missed I assure you.
Thanks Greg. Nice of you. :blush:
PF and IIDB have always been my favourite forums and I'm now back at both

How're things here ? Who remains and who doesn't ? Have you found enough funds to run PF for a long long time ?

Not much of a change with me. More than 3.5 years of happy married life ... still going strong. Still haven't decided about kids, though we both would like to adopt one soon. Switched jobs, moved up the corporate ladder ...
Read up quite a bit on memetics ... AG ... you listening ? Yeah, you were right, its fascinating !
Bystander
Jul14-04, 05:20 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
PF Gold
P: 1,384
The "prodigal daughter" returns. Excellent.
Tom Mattson
Jul14-04, 06:58 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 5,534
Hey hey, welcome back!

Quote Quote by Siv
Plus I read something about it going to be shut down or become a paid forum etc, I dont really remember.
No, we're still here and better than ever. We're also still free, but there are "Premium" memberships available, with a few extra perks (you won't have to look at the ads, for one thing).
Siv
Jul15-04, 12:06 AM
PF Gold
Thanks guys. Its great to be back.

Register to reply