Register to reply

Is there such a formula

by simhank
Tags: formula
Share this thread:
simhank
Feb21-10, 03:24 PM
P: 2
Everyone keeps telling me I am writing this formula down wrong but it is one my teacher gave to figure out....am I wrong and what formula name is it???

Mg3(PO5)2

Also not sure what chemical formula for these two are any help would be great

1. Chlorhydric acid
2. Iodhydric acid
Phys.Org News Partner Chemistry news on Phys.org
Proteins: New class of materials discovered
Study confirms water quality in glass and plastic bottles
Scientists develop a water splitter that runs on an ordinary AAA battery
samblohm
Feb21-10, 07:37 PM
P: 60
It is suppose to be Mg3(PO4)2. Notice the 4 instead of 5. There is no such thing as the acids you mentioned. I think you mean Hydrochloric and Hydroiodic acids, they are HCl and HI
E=mc^84
Feb22-10, 01:57 AM
P: 50
Quote Quote by simhank View Post
Everyone keeps telling me I am writing this formula down wrong but it is one my teacher gave to figure out....am I wrong and what formula name is it???

Mg3(PO5)2

Also not sure what chemical formula for these two are any help would be great

1. Chlorhydric acid
2. Iodhydric acid
You shud write the 2 molecules in their ion form, it will help you to write the formula out right: Mg+2 + PO4^3- = Mg3(PO4)2, use the criss-cross rule especially when working with polyatomic ions. Also, the there are only 2 forms PO4^3- and PO4^2-.

Those acids are just common industry names for HCl and HI.

Hope this helps :)

simhank
Feb22-10, 08:19 AM
P: 2
Is there such a formula

ok Thanks for your help

Register to reply