Question On University & Course

by optics.tech
Tags: university
optics.tech
Jun22-10, 12:54 AM
P: 80
Hello everyone,

Can anyone please tell me which university and what postgraduate course/program for learn and built a CNC machine?

Thanks in advance

Huygen
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Internet co-creator Cerf debunks 'myth' that US runs it
Astronomical forensics uncover planetary disks in Hubble archive
Solar-powered two-seat Sunseeker airplane has progress report
berkeman
Jun22-10, 12:29 PM
Mentor
P: 39,723
Quote Quote by optics.tech View Post
Hello everyone,

Can anyone please tell me which university and what postgraduate course/program for learn and built a CNC machine?

Thanks in advance

Huygen
It seems like just about any undergraduate ME program would be able to offer that. What schools are near you? Have you looked at their undergraduate (upper division) courses? There will be some ME labs -- you will be looking at the more advanced lab courses to see what they cover in the way of CNC.
optics.tech
Jun22-10, 04:43 PM
It seems like just about any undergraduate ME program would be able to offer that. What schools are near you? Have you looked at their undergraduate (upper division) courses? There will be some ME labs -- you will be looking at the more advanced lab courses to see what they cover in the way of CNC.
I am seeking university in USA or UK that offers a program on how to build a CNC machine.

berkeman
Jun22-10, 07:44 PM
Mentor
P: 39,723

Question On University & Course

Quote Quote by optics.tech View Post
I am seeking university in USA or UK that offers a program on how to build a CNC machine.
I'm not even sure you need to go to a university to learn that subject. This wiki article has a pretty good background on CNC, and discusses the current status:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNC_machine

Check out the final paragraphs where they are discussing do-it-yourself CNC setups that are PC based.
optics.tech
Jun22-10, 10:09 PM
I'm not even sure you need to go to a university to learn that subject. This wiki article has a pretty good background on CNC, and discusses the current status:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNC_machine

Check out the final paragraphs where they are discussing do-it-yourself CNC setups that are PC based.
Yes I already know about mini CNC milling machine before such as Sherline, Syil, etc. But I want to know whether there are available any postgraduate course/program that taught how to built a professional CNC machine such as Haas, Mori Seiki, etc.

Register to reply