by quddusaliquddus
Tags: jokes, lame
Share this thread:
BobG
Aug2-04, 10:43 PM
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
P: 2,280
Surrealism: the principles, ideals, or practice of producing fantastic or incongruous imagery or effects in art, literature, film, or theater by means of unnatural juxtapositions and combinations.

Answering "fish" to a question about lightbulbs is an unnatural combination - hence the association to surrealists.

Or answering 42 to a question about the meaning of life (Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy).
Chrono
Aug2-04, 10:46 PM
P: 439
I get it now.
jimmy p
Aug4-04, 02:25 PM
PF Gold
P: 580
Ok... so that one didnt go down too well

Q. How many mystery writers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. Two. One to screw it most the way and the other to give it a suprise twist.
Math Is Hard
Aug9-04, 01:41 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,922
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of callouses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath.
This made him ... A super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.
Ivan Seeking
Aug11-04, 01:05 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,500
Quote Quote by Math Is Hard
Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of callouses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath.
This made him ... A super calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis.
Boy that is baaaaaaaaaaaaaadddddd.

Okay just for that...

I stepped in a hole and now I hobble.
Ivan Seeking
Aug11-04, 01:14 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,500
Did you hear that Dave bought a clone? Unfortunately this clone was rather obnoxious. He would spit and cuss and belch and make lewd and lascivious gestures at the neighbors. This behavior got worse and worse until one day Dave had all he could take. He grabbed the clone by the collar, dragged him onto the roof of a high rise building and threw him over the edge. Dave was arrested for making an obscene clone fall.
Kalimaa23
Aug11-04, 01:27 AM
P: 307
Quote Quote by jimmy p
Q. How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?

A. Fish
Some variants :

Q : How many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb?

A : Aardvark on toast.

Q : How many dadaļsts does it take to change a lightbulb?

A : Bathtub full of tools.
Math Is Hard
Aug11-04, 01:27 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,922
Dave was arrested for making an obscene clone fall.
OOhhhh!! heee heee hee! That was fit pun-ishment for my previous post!!!
Imparcticle
Aug11-04, 01:48 AM
P: 566
If your mom's a dishwasher and your dad's a dryer, why is the football on top of the dog house?

A. Pigs don't fly for ten-issues.
Gokul43201
Aug11-04, 09:19 AM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,155
Man walks into a bar with his ostrich. They sit down at the bar, and the man orders a beer. The bartender asks the ostrich "what'll you have ?" to which it replies "whatever he's having". They down their drinks and the bartender tells the man "that'll be a dollar and fifty eight, sir". The man reaches into his pocket and pulls out the exact change - without even looking - pays the barman, and leaves with his ostrich.

This same thing happens every day for the next few days, and the bartender is curious as hell. So he asks the man to tell all. This is what the guy says :

"One day, I found this little lamp, which I rubbed, and out came a genie and granted me 2 wishes. My first wish was that whenever I had to pay for anything, I'd just have to reach in my pocket, and the right amount would be there."

"Why, that's brilliant", says the bartender. "Most people would ask for unlimited wealth, but you get the same deal without all the hassle. And what was your second wish ?"

Replies the man, with a frown, " I asked for a tall chick, with long legs, that would always agree with me."
The_Professional
Aug11-04, 12:52 PM
P: 583
Knock knock

Who's there?

Little boy blue

Little boy blue who?

Michael Jackson
photon
Aug11-04, 03:25 PM
P: 124
How many lame people does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: One.
plover
Aug11-04, 04:52 PM
HW Helper
P: 430
[tex]\int \frac{1}{cabin}\ dcabin[/tex]

Q: What's purple and commutes?

A: An Abelian grape!

Q: And what's this?

[tex]
\displaystyle{\underset{\circ \circ}{\Omega}}
[/tex]

A: A mobile ohm!
BoulderHead
Aug12-04, 10:31 PM
P: n/a
A man walks into a bar and proclaims with a loud voice; I'm feeling mean enough right now to whop a bear.
A very large and powerfully built man, smelling of alcohol, straddles up to him and asks; Just what kind of a bear are you talking about?
To which the first man, gesturing with a thumb and forefinger, replies; A little bitty bear!
jimmy p
Aug17-04, 02:04 PM
PF Gold
P: 580
A group of attorneys had to measure the length of a flagpole for evidence to support a lawsuit. They went out to the flagpole with ladders and a tape measure. They proceed to fall off the ladders and drop the tape measure - the whole thing was just a mess. An engineer comes along and sees what they're trying to do. He walks over, pulls the flagpole out of the ground, lays it flat, measures it from end to end, gives the measuremen to one of the attorneys and walks away. After the engineer has gone, one attorney turns to another and laughs. "Isn't that just like an engineer. We're looking for the height, and he gives us the length."
The Bob
Aug17-04, 04:19 PM
P: 1,116
Q: Why did the Koala fall out of the tree???

A: Because it was dead.

Q: Why did the parrot fall out of the tree???

A: Because it was stapled to the koala.

The Bob (2004 ©)
Gokul43201
Aug17-04, 07:40 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 11,155
Q: Why was the parrot stapled to the koala ?
plover
Aug17-04, 07:44 PM
HW Helper
P: 430
Quote Quote by Gokul43201
Q: Why was the parrot stapled to the koala ?
I think something went awry during one of those secret Masonic handshakes...

Register to reply