Collection of Science Fiction jokes

In summary, the conversation was about sharing funny jokes, pictures, and memes about science fiction in a thread. The topic of Star Wars being science fiction was brought up, and the discussion also touched on other science fiction works such as the avant-garde director David Lynch's films and Frank Herbert's "Dune." The conversation ended with a mention of laughing harder while watching "Twin Peaks" than an entire season of Saturday Night Live.
DennisN
Gold Member
2023 Award
I recently saw some very funny memes about Star Wars (which I'll post below),
so I thought about starting a thread about jokes about science fiction, e.g. SF movies.

Please share funny jokes, pictures and memes about SF and their stories in this thread.

And, yes, I know, I'm such a huge SF nerd. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Insurance Scam.jpg

• Haha
Likes Jodo, BillTre, jack action and 1 other person
R2 D2 - 1.jpg

Episode V.jpg

Adventure.jpg

Leia.jpg

Likes BillTre
R2 D2 - 2.jpg

star-trek-gas.jpg

Borg.jpg

Likes Klystron and jack action
Captains log.jpg

Likes Falgun and jack action
Jet Pack.jpg

Likes BillTre and jack action
Pull Finger.jpg

Likes jack action
Alderaan.jpg

Teacher.jpg

Dyslexic Frog.jpg

• Haha
Likes Klystron and jack action
Newbie: Star Wars isn't Science Fiction, it's cowboys in space. Go read some Asimov.

Newbie runs away having donned fireproof suit.

A crew member dies in a lightspeed vessel. He's given a burial at c.

Likes Jodo, DennisN, Borg and 3 others
My favorite avant-garde SF writer/director is David Lynch; definitely the funniest.

"Eraserhead" epitomizes the SF industrial wasteland trope while bringing total-body vomiting into mainstream moviemaking.

Herbert purists may argue the merits of "Dune"'s script but the Space Guild voices and Atriedes battle language transmissions are beyond cool. Sting is hilarious as the evil Feyd. Also liked the Bene Gesserit outfits and precise speech. Baby Alia in her Reverend Mother robes lisps, "Could he be the Kwisach Haderach?"

I laughed harder watching "Twin Peaks" than during an entire season of Saturday Night Live (SNL).

Likes BigInit

1. What is the purpose of a collection of science fiction jokes?

A collection of science fiction jokes is meant to provide entertainment and humor for fans of the genre. It can also serve as a way to connect with others who share a love for science fiction.

2. Are these jokes suitable for all ages?

Most of the jokes in a collection of science fiction jokes are appropriate for all ages, but there may be some that contain references or language that may not be suitable for younger audiences.

3. Are these jokes based on popular science fiction franchises?

Yes, many of the jokes in a collection of science fiction jokes are based on popular science fiction movies, TV shows, books, and other media. However, there may also be original jokes that are not tied to any specific franchise.

4. Are these jokes only for science fiction fans?

No, while a collection of science fiction jokes may appeal more to fans of the genre, anyone can enjoy them. The jokes often play on common themes and tropes found in science fiction, making them relatable and humorous for a wider audience.

5. Can I use these jokes in my own work or presentations?

Yes, you are free to use the jokes from a collection of science fiction jokes in your own work or presentations as long as proper credit is given. However, it is always best to ask for permission from the original source if possible.