Sites to help teach/reinforce the java language

In summary, the conversation is about a student asking for help with learning Java for their computer science class. They are looking for websites and resources to reinforce their learning and are open to suggestions. Some recommended sites include devshed, Newboston's online tutorial, the ex-Sun Java tutorial, wikibooks, and Java Passion. The student thanks everyone for their help and feels confident in their learning now.
Funkmaster W
I am currently taking a computer science II class in high school, in which we use java, and my teacher does not really know how to go about teaching and when she tries to help usually makes things worse. Does anyone know of any sites to help teach/reinforce the java language?

Technology news on Phys.org
In addition we also use a site called Javabats and i was wondering if there were any better sites similar to it or any feedback on how useful javabats is would be nice.

If you have very little experience I would suggest getting a book over random web tutorials. I personally don't have a book in mind for java. But I am sure someone here will.

devshed is a good site, but not for starting out.

thanks for your help/advice everyone i think i should be good now

1. What is Java and why is it important to learn?

Java is a popular programming language used for developing applications and software. It is important to learn because it is versatile, portable, and widely used in various industries such as web development, mobile development, and enterprise software development.

2. What are some good websites to help learn and reinforce Java?

Some good websites to help learn and reinforce Java include Codecademy, W3Schools, and JavaTpoint. These websites offer interactive tutorials, exercises, and projects to help you practice and improve your Java skills.

3. Are there any free resources available for learning Java?

Yes, there are many free resources available for learning Java. In addition to the websites mentioned above, you can also find free online courses, YouTube tutorials, and blogs that offer valuable information and resources for learning Java.

4. Can I learn Java without any prior programming experience?

While having some programming experience can be helpful, it is not necessary to learn Java. With dedication and practice, anyone can learn Java regardless of their previous programming knowledge. However, it is recommended to have a basic understanding of programming concepts like variables, loops, and functions before diving into Java.

5. How long does it take to learn Java?

The time it takes to learn Java varies from person to person. Some may grasp the basics in a few weeks, while others may take several months to become proficient. It also depends on how much time and effort you put into learning and practicing Java. With consistency and dedication, you can become a skilled Java programmer in a matter of months.