I have no knowledge of number theory

In summary, the conversation discusses a person's desire to learn more about number theory, specifically at a math major level, with a focus on fractals. They ask for recommendations for good websites, but do not want to use Wikipedia. The response suggests a book called "Elementary Number Theory" and another book called "Introduction to Analytic Number Theory." They also mention that knowing the person's background would make it easier to recommend resources. Another person suggests some websites and books, including "Higher Algebra" and "Van den Eynden."
chhitiz
hi,
i have only basic knowledge of number theory, but would like to know a hell lot, like maths major level or something(especially about fractals). is there any good site where i could?

and please don't suggest wikipedia.

Physics news on Phys.org
Honestly, I doubt you'd find math major level learning sites for Number Theory. But if you like you could take a look at Elementary Number theory by Jones and Jones. Its a SUMS springer book, so it has solutions at the back for every problem. Maybe after something like that you could read Tom Apostols Introduction to Analytic Number Theory.

Your description of "basic knowledge of number theory" is a little bit vague. It would be easier to recommend books/sites if we know more about your background.
This probably isn't what you're after but here's a link to some "cute" stuff in Number Theory http://www.mathpages.com/home/inumber.htm

try studying the book Higher algebra by davenport

more than websites, books do u a lot of good, pm me if u want the ebook download link

try the book by van den eynden.

1. What is number theory?

Number theory is a branch of mathematics that deals with the properties of integers and their relationships with other numbers. It involves studying patterns and structures within numbers and their properties.

2. Why is number theory important?

Number theory is important because it has many practical applications in fields such as cryptography, computer science, and physics. It also helps us understand the fundamental properties of numbers and their patterns.

3. Can anyone learn about number theory?

Yes, anyone with a basic understanding of mathematics can learn about number theory. However, it does require a strong foundation in algebra and abstract thinking skills.

4. What are some famous problems in number theory?

Some famous problems in number theory include the Goldbach Conjecture, the Riemann Hypothesis, and Fermat's Last Theorem. These problems have challenged mathematicians for centuries and have yet to be fully solved.

5. How can I improve my knowledge of number theory?

The best way to improve your knowledge of number theory is to study and practice solving problems. There are also many resources available, such as textbooks, online courses, and math forums, that can help you learn more about this subject.