Full Course in Group Theory (and More) on YouTube

In summary, the speaker has created a YouTube channel featuring detailed lectures in higher mathematics. They have uploaded a sample video for their Group Theory course, as well as courses in Linear Algebra, Real Analysis, and Complex Numbers for high school students. Their goal is to cover all major undergraduate level topics and potentially expand into theoretical physics and computer science. The speaker has received feedback on their videos, including issues with audio clarity and cursive writing, which they are working to address.
caffeinemachine
Gold Member
MHB
I created a YouTube channel (here's the link) a few months ago in which I post detailed lectures in higher mathematics.
I just finished my Group Theory Course. Here is a sample video.

Apart from that, so far I have uploaded
  • A first course on Linear Algebra (which I am currently renovating).
  • A course in Real Analysis.
  • Some material for preparation of Math Olympiads.
  • A course in Complex Numbers suitable for high school students.
If the channel picks up, my first goal is to pour down all the major undergraduate level topics and then go for more advanced topics.

Note: Some of my videos feature cursive writing or narrow viewing format or both. I am in the process of replacing those videos with print font and wider format.

I hope that the people here would find the content useful and interesting.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Likes Shirish, nuuskur, WWGD and 4 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Interesting. Are you focussing on content for math majors, or will you also create videos for other majors (topics like mathematical physics, including, but not limited to, differential equations, special integrals, matrix algebra and the like)?

Likes topsquark
Wrichik Basu said:
Interesting. Are you focussing on content for math majors, or will you also create videos for other majors (topics like mathematical physics, including, but not limited to, differential equations, special integrals, matrix algebra and the like)?
As of now I am only focusing on math majors. In the future I would like to include topics from theoretical physics and theoretical computer science.

Likes Wrichik Basu
Hi, just an advice: speak more clearly/articulated and perhaps slowly. Maybe it's your accent or my European background, but for me whole pieces of sentences drop out because I can't understand what you're saying (and that's not because of a lack of knowledge about group theory ;) ). I wish you a lot of views and good luck with the project!

Likes Wrichik Basu
haushofer said:
Hi, just an advice: speak more clearly/articulated and perhaps slowly. Maybe it's your accent or my European background, but for me whole pieces of sentences drop out because I can't understand what you're saying (and that's not because of a lack of knowledge about group theory ;) ). I wish you a lot of views and good luck with the project!
Thank you for the valuable feedback.

I agree that my earlier videos had an audio-clarity problem. Do you face the same problem even with the video I linked (if not, can you please link the video that is unclear?)

Also, the subtitles are accurate. Though I understand that using subs may deteriorate the experience.

Last edited:
Accent is fine, fully understood. Just speak a bit louder. Sometimes you speed up your speech, which makes it hard to follow when combined with low voice volume. But other than that, the video I watched was extremely clear (coordinate geometry).

Writing was extremely legible.

Likes caffeinemachine
caffeinemachine said:
Note: Some of my videos feature cursive writing or narrow viewing format or both. I am in the process of replacing those videos with print font and wider format.
Good. The cursive writing is hard to read.
haushofer said:
Hi, just an advice: speak more clearly/articulated and perhaps slowly. Maybe it's your accent or my European background, but for me whole pieces of sentences drop out because I can't understand what you're saying
Agree with @haushofer. By your accent I would guess that you are from India or Pakistan. Of the short bit of the linked video, you tend to speak very rapidly at times, which makes it harder to understand.

Likes berkeman
Mark44 said:
Good. The cursive writing is hard to read.

Agree with @haushofer. By your accent I would guess that you are from India or Pakistan. Of the short bit of the linked video, you tend to speak very rapidly at times, which makes it harder to understand.
Thank yo for the feedback. I will try to fix my speed and reupload the videos eventually. I cannot, of course, change my accent.

1. What is a "Full Course in Group Theory (and More) on YouTube"?

A "Full Course in Group Theory (and More) on YouTube" is a series of educational videos on the topic of group theory, a branch of mathematics that studies the properties of groups and their operations. The course is available on YouTube and covers a wide range of topics related to group theory, including definitions, theorems, and applications.

2. Who is the instructor of the course?

The instructor of the "Full Course in Group Theory (and More) on YouTube" is a mathematician and educator who goes by the username "MathDoctorBob" on YouTube. He has a PhD in mathematics and has been teaching for over 20 years.

3. How many videos are included in the course?

The "Full Course in Group Theory (and More) on YouTube" consists of 30 videos, each ranging from 10 to 30 minutes in length. The videos are organized into different sections, covering various topics in group theory.

4. Is the course suitable for beginners?

Yes, the course is suitable for beginners. The instructor starts with the basics of group theory and gradually introduces more advanced concepts. However, some prior knowledge of algebra and mathematical notation may be helpful.

5. Are there any assignments or quizzes included in the course?

No, there are no assignments or quizzes included in the course. However, the instructor provides practice problems and solutions in the video descriptions for each lesson. It is recommended to work through these problems to solidify understanding of the material.