The 't Hooft Model in QCD

by silmaril89
Tags: 't hooft, decay width, meson, wave function
Share this thread:
silmaril89
Jun8-11, 10:20 AM
P: 84
Hello Everyone,

I'm doing some research on meson decays, I was going to be attempting to use the 't Hooft Model. It's a model in which we use only 1 spatial and 1 temporal dimension, and we have the number of colors in QCD go towards infinity (or just very large).

It's my understanding that the 't Hooft equation can be used to solve for a wave function of a meson. Does anyone know where I can get some more information on the 't Hooft model and the 't Hooft equation? I'm specifically looking for a more basic understanding of it, and it'd be great if I could find a good explanation or example on how to use the 't Hooft equation.

Thank you to anyone that replies.
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
IHEP in China has ambitions for Higgs factory
The physics of lead guitar playing
The birth of topological spintronics
henry_m
Jun8-11, 01:53 PM
P: 160
't Hooft's original paper "A two-dimensional model for mesons" is worth looking at, and you might want to look at "A planar diagram theory for strong interactions" as a primer. If you can't find them, let me know and I'll dig out the references for you. There's also a published volume of lectures by Sidney Coleman in the book "Aspects of Symmetry" which treats it well if you can get hold of a copy. Finally, a good set of notes on arxiv.
silmaril89
Jun8-11, 02:22 PM
P: 84
I have read "A two-dimensional model for mesons" and it was helpful, but a little advanced for me. I was able to find "A planar diagram theory for strong interactions", I'm going to give that a shot, and the paper on Large N QCD. I'll also check out the library for the Sidney Coleman book.

Thanks for responding.

Register to reply